What the cookies are?
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
What are the different types of cookies?
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs.
- By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- [ + ] session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- [ + ] persistent cookie which remains on the user's computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
- As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- [ + ] first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
How is fractii.ro using cookies?
Types of cookies used by fractii.ro
Some or all of the cookies identified below may be stored in your browser. You can view and manage cookies in your browser (though browsers for mobile devices may not offer this visibility).
|Category of use||Example|
(first-party persistent cookies)
|These cookies allow our websites to remember information that changes the way the site behaves or looks, such as your preferred language. Loss of the information stored in a preference cookie may make the website experience less functional but should not prevent it from working.|
fractii.ro uses persistent cookie: fractii[lang] - to automatically register your preferred language. Cookie lifespan: 360 days.
Also, whenever you choose to leave a message or comment through our dedicated contact form, when the comment is registered, our site uses these persistent cookies: nprime_user[name], nprime_user[email] - to ease your process of adding later comments. Cookies lifespan: 360 days.
Next time you access the contact form, the information about your name and email (if you have chosen to send them with the comment) is already filled in. fractii.ro does not in any way share this information with third parties, it is strictly used to enhance user experience during the process of adding new comments. Our site reputation can be checked online, by using any of the websites that do this kind of analysis.
|Google Adsense Advertising|
Unlike cookies that are set on Google's own domains, this cookie can't be read by Google when you're on other sites than fractii.ro. It serves purposes such as measuring interactions with the ads on fractii.ro and preventing the same ads from being shown to you too many times.
Google Adsense also uses conversion cookies whose main purpose is to help advertisers determine how many times people who click on their ads end up purchasing their products. These cookies allow Google and the advertiser to determine that you clicked the ad and later visited the advertiser site. Conversion cookies are not used by Google for interest-based ad targeting and persist for a limited time only. These cookies are generally set in the googleadservices.com or google.com/ads domain, and have names like ‘Conversion’ and ‘TAID’. Conversion cookie data may also be used in combination with your Google account to link conversion events across different devices you use. Only anonymous data gathered from these cookies is shared with advertisers.
Some of our other cookies may be used to measure conversion events as well. For example, DoubleClick and Google Analytics cookies may also be used for this purpose.
|Google Analytics |
|Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘__ga’ cookie.|
In addition to reporting website usage statistics, Google Analytics can also be used, together with some of the advertising cookies described above, to help show more relevant ads on Google properties (like Google Search) and across the web.
|Social Networks |
|fractii.ro uses some Facebook and Google+ plugins, to help you share some other users of the social networks interesting information you find on fractii.ro website, with a single click on a button, such as, in the case of Facebook, Like / Share button. This type of plugin uses third party cookies, that authentifies and keep users logged-in; by the use of the plugins, social networks will now at any moment which of our pages you have visited, as long as you were logged-in. If you are not a user of social networks, these cookies shouldn't affect you. fractii.ro has no single control upon these cookies.|
Here there is some information about these cookies, directly from the Facebook website: "Does Facebook receive cookie information when I visit a site with the Like button or another social plugin? If you've previously received a cookie from Facebook because you either have an account or have visited facebook.com, your browser sends us information about this cookie when you visit a site with the "Like" button or another social plugin. We use this cookie information to help show you a personalized experience on that site as well as Facebook, to help maintain and improve our service, and to protect both you and Facebook from malicious activity. We delete or anonymize it within 90 days, and we do not sell it to advertisers or share it without your permission.".
Cookies set by the Facebook plugin: c_user, csm, datr, fr, lu, s, xs,...
Cookies set by Google+ plugin: OTZ, GAPS, NID, ...
Managing cookies in your browser
Some people prefer not to allow cookies, which is why most browsers give you the ability to manage cookies to suit you. In some browsers you can set up rules to manage cookies on a site-by-site basis, giving you more fine-grained control over your privacy. What this means is that you can disallow cookies from all sites except those that you trust.
In the Google Chrome browser, the most popular browser as of 2015, the Tools menu contains an option to Clear Browsing Data. You can use this option to delete cookies and other site and plug-in data, including data stored on your device by the Adobe Flash Player (commonly known as Flash cookies).
Another feature of Chrome is its incognito mode. You can browse in incognito mode when you don’t want your website visits or downloads to be recorded in your browsing and download histories. Any cookies created while in incognito mode are deleted after you close all incognito windows.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of the website. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- [ + ] in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- [ + ] in Firefox (version 36) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- [ + ] in Chrome (version 41), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- [ + ] in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- [ + ] in Firefox (version 36), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- [ + ] in Chrome (version 41), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
For any questions, use our contact email: email fractii.ro